Sunday, July 18, 2010

Facebook Addiction??

As I get up earlier in the morning to make sure I have sufficient amount of time to take care of my resort and harvest my crops; I wonder...am I a facebook addict? I purposefully make sure I get all the points I possibly can to continue to advance in this artificial world but how does that apply to my real life? Am I doing things I find valuable and rewarding? Have my hobby's gone by the wayside just to harvest artificial crops? The answer is yes...I started some embroidery projects to get to my daughter who is expecting my first grandchild in October; which is currently packed away to allow more room for my laptop. I have tried to teach myself how to crochet but never could stay with it because my computer was begging me to come back for that instant gratification. Is this allure of facebook due to the overwhelming need we have in society today to get it served to us in 5 minutes or less and if it takes longer than that you better believe that a manager will be notified? I want to believe I am far more educated and have the insight to not fall for something so trivial..but do I?

As I contemplate this theory I look lovingly over to my hubby who is not harvesting crops, but is playing pitch online with a group of strangers...is that any better than what I do. Yes there is some sort of "exchange" going on as he is playing this game with other people; not just against the computer. Is this really living or is this just our escape from reality? Are we filling up our minds with petty, useless things instead of dealing with the thousands of things we have to do and procrastinate away?

Hi...my name is Gina..and I am a facebook addict...


Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment